Educational Network of Northern Finland
was established in 2012
The Educational Network of Northern Finland was established in 2012 to meet the competence needed in the Nuclear Power Plant -project in Pyhäjoki, Finland.
The educational network is open forum for all educational stages and at the moment it is comprised of 16 educational organisations.
Power company Fennovoima Oy participates to network as trainer and consultant.
Core Experts – The Network of Experts in Major Projects is operated by The Educational Network of Northern Finland.
Operating time: 1.1.2015-30.4.2017.
Budget: 929 356 euros
- 80% funded by the European Social Fund (ESF)
- 16,8 % financed by the participating organisations
- 3,2 % funded by Fennovoima Oy
- To pilot the model of the Educational Network
- To produce useful tools for external and internal communication of the network
- To find out the educational needs of major projects in 5 fields of technology:
o Machinery and metal
o Automation and information systems
o Electricity and energy technology
o Process Engineering and Chemistry
- To update the content of studies
- To give training for teachers and staff